What are the benefits of ORTAL?
How to turn the unit on?
How to change the time on the remote control?
How to change from Metric to Imperial scale on the remote control?
How to set the Thermostat?
Is the flame height controllable by remote? Standing pilot or electronic ignition?
Is up/accent lighting available inside these fireplaces?
What glass media can be used? Any limitations? River rock?
Does the unit need to be framed or can it be free standing with legs? What are the framing dimensions/clearances?
Does the unit come with remote control?
Does the unit have a blower or is it an option (not power vent or Double glass)?
Does electronic ignition system have battery back up?
You indicated that a blower was available in Europe, Any time frame when it would be available in US and if so could we add it at a later date?
How many pounds of glass do you recommend in the fireplace?
For Series 40: 4lbs
For Series 75: 8lbs
For Series 110 and 130: 12lbs
For Series 150 and 170:16lbs
For Series 200: 24lbs
Glass must be a minimum 1/2″ in size and cover no more than 80% of the burner. Please keep a 2″x2″ clearance in front of the pilot and only applied one layer of glass on the burner.
Do you have any other decorative rocks available other than white ones shown in Catalog?
What are the heat release requirements to vent the cavity area per the sizes of the fireplace?
- All fireplaces in Series 40 to 130 require a minimum of 124 square inches of free air space.
- All fireplaces in Series 150 to 200 require a minimum of 200 square inches of free air space.
Why is the shelf above my Space Creator fireplace getting hot? Why would the fireplace not work properly?
Can wood framing be used for the fireplace?
Where should be the location for access panel for service and maintenance?
Do you have a double layer glass or cool pack option?
What is a Direct Vent / Sealed Combustion system?
What is termination cap?
- You must keep a minimum of 4 ft horizontal distance from between the center line of the termination cap to the side of the other structure next door.
- If you need to create an offset to provide for item #1, please make sure to do this offset inside the house to protect from any climate factors.
- If you cannot do the offset per item #2 in house, make sure to install the chimney in thermal insulated chase, again to protect from any climate factors.
- Note that the main issue to consider in item #s 2 & 3 is avoiding any condensation that may occur inside the chimney due to getting expose to cold weather/climate.
- Please make sure to install the right vertical termination cap depending on the wind velocity (highwind/low-wind) in the area.
What is the glass temperature with the double glass fan assisted feature?
The temperature for the exterior glass panel has a maximum temperature of 172 degrees F which meets the new code requirement.
Would you suggest to go with the power vent system instead of the direct vent system? What would be the pros and cons of these two systems?
Power Vent system
- Uses smaller vent system 3/5”
- Longer vent runs
- Multiple elbows (a maximum of 6- 90 elbows)
- Can be vented downwards and under the unit
- Power Vent is fully integrated with the fireplace unit, no extra steps necessary
- Smaller termination cap
- Electrical requirements
- In-line power vent, must find a location for PV fan box to be mounted. The fan box must have a minimum
distance of 21’ of vent run length away from the fireplace.
Direct Vent system
- No additional electrical requirements needed
- Simplistic vent runs
- Limited elbows
- Limited vent lengths
How many BTU per sq ft. ?
Rule of thumb 1:50 ratio (1 sq ft per 50 BTU) for 8 foot ceiling. Roughly 5,000 BTU per 100 sq. ft with ceiling height of 8 feet.
Are power vent systems outboard or inboard?
Outboard, they are separate from fireplace unit
What is the temperature of the heat coming out of the heat release?
Approximately 180-210 degrees F
What is the surface temperature of flue pipe?
The first 3 feet are approximately 250 degrees F with temperature decreasing after 3 feet.
What is the typical flame height seen in most of your fireplace models?
Typically, natural gas fireplaces will have a flame height of 6-9″. Propane fireplace with the semi burner will have an average 3-5″ flame height.
“If I keep the fireplace on all night with a fairly low flame, but when I wake its almost always out by morning. Is that normal?” Is there a time limit on the fireplace that shuts it off after several hours?
Yes that is typical because there is a 6hr turn down to the unit. If there is no movement of flame up or down on the remote control for 6hrs the unit will turn the main burner off.